I was inspired by images both on instagram and pinterest to create my own little mini indoor succulent gardens.
First I went and spoke to my friends at Amborella Floral studio. They helped me figure out how to go about planting them. I also bought a few succulents there. I picked up the rest at Plant another shop here in Calgary.
Steps To Create Your Own Succulent Garden:
- Pick out container to hold succulents. I had this white porcelain bowl from a previous project. Gather other necessities... I used clay pellets from Ikea, miracle grow soil and then purchased the appropriate amount of succulents.
- Line planter containers with an inch or two of clay pellets for drainage.
- On top of pellets fill in another layer of soil.
- Arrange succulents giving each one a bit of breathing space and fill in area around succulents with more soil.
- Place in sun and water sparingly 1-2 teaspoons once every 2-3 weeks.